Due to high-quality players and strong student leadership, the EV chess team has established a tradition of excellence that we hope to continue:
* 1st place in our fall league 11 of the past 12 years
* South Suburban champions for 6 of the past 7 years
* Have placed in the top 3 teams at the state tournament for the past 6 years
* Overall record of past 13 years is 119 wins and 9 losses
* State Champions 2 of the past 5 years with a second place finish in 2018!
* Placed 7th out of 20 teams in the U1900 division (2nd most challenging) at the National Tournament in Columbus, Ohio in 2018
KEY DATES FOR THIS SEASON:
* Mega match - 10/6/18
* Conference Individual Tournament - 11/3/18
* South Suburban Tournament - 3/9/19
* National Tournament - 3/15/19 - 3/17/19 in Schaumburg, Illinois
* State Tournament - 3/23/19 - 3/24/19 at St. Catherine's University in St. Paul
Please print the fall schedule below so that you can plan ahead:
To learn more about the Chess Team, please contact Mr. Dettmer at Robert.Dettmer@district196.org.