Due to high-quality players and strong student leadership, the EV chess team has established a tradition of excellence that we hope to continue:
* 1st place in our fall league 10 of the past 11 years
* South Suburban champions for 5 of the past 6 years
* Have placed in the top 3 teams at the state tournament for the past 5 years
* Overall record of past 12 years is 109 wins and 9 losses
* State Champions 2 of the past 4 years!
* Placed 12th out of 41 teams in the top division at the National Tournament in April of 2016
KEY DATES FOR THIS SEASON:
* Mega match - 10/7/17
* Conference Individual Tournament - 11/4/17
* South Suburban Tournament - 3/10/18
* State Tournament - 3/24/18 - 3/25/18
* National Tournament - 4/27/18 - 4/29/18 in Columbus, OH
Please print the fall schedule below so that you can plan ahead:
To learn more about the Chess Team, please contact Mr. Dettmer at Robert.Dettmer@district196.org.